Saturday, August 16, 2014

August 16th Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good morning from Arlington – day three.

Steer run (crawl) every day, twice a day
11:30 am & 4:00 pm
Yesterday we went into Fort Worth to the stockyard for a few hours. My hubby’s ankle is pretty swollen, and is starting to turn all sorts of lovely colors, so we kept walking down to a minimum. We’d go a little bit, and then stop and rest for a little bit, which was fine by me. I didn’t want him walking around at all, but he didn’t want to be stuck in the hotel all day.

We watched the longhorns come down the main strip. I don’t know, I guess I should have looked into it a little more, but I was expecting to see more than fifteen steers walking down the road.

I popped into a few shops while my hubby sat and people watched. I got a new hat (the one I had wasn’t worth bringing with me, it’s beat up and misshapen, and will be relegated to my beach hat only from now on), and the Texas sun is a little hard to handle without a hat. This one’s nice. It’s a straw cowboy hat like my other one, except this one is white instead of tan, and it has a band of turquois stones and silver beads instead of the Corona beads. I like it, and the owner of the shop, Kelly, was a sweetie. I wanted to tell you the name of the shop, but I can’t find it online. If you happen to be down here, it’s the one across the path from the tea and spices shop.

Singer Don McRay
From there we picked our way up the street. Since the walking history tour was out of the question, we thought we would go see the cowboy museum, but then when we saw how big it was, we elected not to do that either. We settle for getting a burger and dog at The Love Shack. They had a guy playing an acoustic guitar and singing. Surprisingly, he was really good. He sounded a lot like Kenny Rodgers.

You can see, just above the
bandage, how colorful he's
We stayed there for about an hour and then headed back to the hotel and hung out by the pool. This way Paulie got to rest and ice his ankle and we were still doing something. We came up a little before seven, heated up our leftovers from Wednesday, and tuned in to Shark Week. Not exactly how I planned our vacation going, but it was a nice relaxing evening.

The real test will be how my husband feels today. He’s still sound asleep, but his foot is sticking out from under the covers, propped up on a pillow, and it’s looking rather nasty. I think he needs an x-ray, but he’s your typical stubborn male. In his defense, the ankle is probably too swollen to get an accurate picture, and it is definitely too swollen to case, so…

Our seats for tonight's game
I am going to insist on calling guest services at AT&T Stadium today, because I don’t think Paulie will be able to walk all the way to our seats. He’s just going to have to suck it up and hush up while he gets wheeled or golf carted over there. I’m going to call the cab company too to see if they can arrange a door to door drop off and pick up as well. It may require us getting to the game really early and then leaving well after it’s over. We’ll see.

Okay, I won’t bore you any more today. I’m sure tomorrow’s blog will be all about tonight’s game, but rest assured, it will be a brief blog. We need to leave early tomorrow morning to get to my cousins’ house.

I hope you have a super day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

What’s that? There, in the water…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.