Pintrest

Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16th, 2015 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning. I spent most of yesterday not being able to see really well. I think it was a combination of old contacts, being tired and the pollen from the flower shop. I pitched the contacts and resorted to wearing my glasses – something I rarely do.

My one point of vanity, I’ll go out in public in sweats, I’ll go out with no make-up on, but I will not go out in my glasses. Other than the residual effects of being teased as a child, I honestly can’t see well out of them. I’m so blind normally that, even with the glasses, I have virtually no peripheral vision. Walking is a bit of a challenge, and driving is out of the question. That in combination with my eyes running like faucets all day, kept me house bound.

Paulie was a doll. He ran to the grocery store for me – something he detests. He picked up stuff for dinner, stuff for me to make the kids for lunch, and Visine for my eyes. He can be a really good egg when he wants.

Today the eyes are better, but I’m not putting in my contacts until right before I have to leave. Today I am going and getting new tires put on the car. I have a 12:30 appointment. The tires are LONG overdue for a change (they should have been done last winter), and thanks to a little overtime for my hubby and my working the weekend, we can swing getting new ones. This will give me peace of mind for our trek to VT next weekend. If we run into a little weather, the tires won’t be an issue.

Since I started my Twitter campaign thirteen days ago, I have 400+ new followers (90 yesterday), and have had 600+ retweets (150 yesterday). Things are starting to explode on Twitter. My ranking on Amazon is in the 100K range, and Taking Chances jumped from 6M to 200K, so I guess something’s working. Even with the increased volume, I have managed to come up with a system which works for me, so it is not taking me any addition time. I can get all recording, the thank yous, my book promotional tweets, and retweets/favorites of others, all done in three hours. Then I come and do my blog, and tweet the Author’s morning warm up, and I’m done with all my “marketing” stuff between 9 & 10 in the morning. That means I have a minimum of three hours to write, four days a week. For now, I’ll take it.

On that note, a scene popped into my head and I want to get it down on paper before it fades away. I hope you have a marvelous day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

Did that snowman just move???

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment