Pintrest

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 6 Challenge - April 23, 2013

Hi it’s Christina –

This morning’s blog writing secession may prove interesting because Colby is insisting on helping…he’s in a mood today, so please ignore any stray characters you may find in this post which I missed editing out. He’s being a real nudge! Well, it’s now day 6 and no one has yet been brave enough to take up the challenges, but I’m not discouraged. Eventually one of my silly prompts will spark someone’s imagination. Hey, if you happen to think of one you would like to see, message me on Facebook and I may just use your suggestion. The catch will be, YOU will have to participate in, at least, the challenge you submit.

Out of curiosity, how many of you are actually doing the challenge at home and just not posting your responses? You know what? I’m really ok with that. Although I would have liked the interaction and discussions, the goal was to have fun and get you writing, so I would still consider the exercise a success.

Hopefully you found this challenge a whole lot easier than the other four, because let’s face it, which one of us doesn’t have a favorite long winded joke they love to tell, in their own special way of course?

Yesterday’s challenge:

You’re in an Irish pub with friends, each taking turns telling long-winded jokes. It’s your turn. Make us laugh. (Please keep them PG rated at most, there are some younger folks who read the site.)

My favorite joke (wish I could tell it in person, much more effective with the visuals):

Miss Payne’s kindergarten class was working on the five senses one week. Monday – sight, Tuesday – hearing, etc. After Thursday’s lesson Miss Payne tells her class before they leave for the day, “OK class, tomorrow is Friday and we’ll be working on the sense of taste, so don’t forget to bring your tongues to class tomorrow.”

The kids laughed and clapped their hands “YEAH!!!”

Friday comes and Miss Payne says “OK class, I want everyone to close your eyes and open your mouth and I am going to put a lifesaver in everyone’s mouth. Your job will be to tell me what flavor it is.”

The kids clapped their hands “YEAH!!!” and closed their eyes as Miss Payne put a CHERRY lifesaver in each of their mouths. They sucked and tasted and one little boy raised his hand high, “Ooo Ooo, Miss Payne, Miss Payne!”

“Yes Martin?”

“It’s cherry!

“Very good Martin” She praised and the kids laughed and clapped their hands “YEAH!!!”

“OK class, close your eyes and open your mouth again.” She said as she put a LEMON lifesaver in everyone’s mouth.

They sucked and tasted and one little girl raised her hand high, “Ooo Ooo, Miss Payne, Miss Payne!”

“Yes Suzy?”

“It’s lemon!

“Very good Suzy” She praised and the kids laughed and clapped their hands “YEAH!!!”

“OK class, close your eyes and open your mouth one last time. I will warn you, this one is a little harder.” She said as she put a HONEY lifesaver in everyone’s mouth.

They sucked and tasted, tasted and sucked, but no one raised their hand to answer so Miss Payne said, “OK class, I’ll give you a hint. It’s what your Mommy calls your Daddy.”

Suddenly Billy jumped up on his desk and yelled, “Spit it out, it’s an a-hole!!!”

OK, I’ll fess up, I went over by twenty seconds, but if I didn’t get to the punch line you may have punched me, and it wasn’t your fault my dog was distracting me so I couldn’t type as fast as usual.

OK class, back to using your imagination. The Day 6 challenge is:

You are house hunting and the realtor has brought you to an old, needs some serious TLC, Victorian. As you wander the home, you see it has definite possibilities, and then you open a set of French doors…

Same rules, yup, they ain’t gunna change folks - You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment