Pintrest

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 10 Challenge - April 27, 2013

Hi, it’s Christina –

Another GLORIOUS day in NJ, though still a bit chilly. Thank God it’s not raining! Today is my husband’s birthday and we have the whole family coming over for dinner. I splurged. We are having filet mignon wrapped in bacon which we will be cooking on the rotisserie, heart attack potatoes (my friend Sharon’s recipe – potatoes, red onion, cheese & bacon all baked in a pan), garlic green beans which my sister-in-law is making, and corn. My mom is bringing a regular salad and my daughter is making a green apple and feta cheese salad in raspberry vinaigrette. It’s only 7 am and I’m looking forward to dinner already!

Have a million things to do and I’m already pressed for time, so let’s get right to it. Yesterday’s challenge (again I apologize for spacing out and not posting it) was:

If you could go back to any point in your life, knowing now what you didn’t know then…

If I could return to any time in my life, even knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t do it. I have been there. I have done that. There is no mystery, no awe, no learning. Each new day is a remarkable and wonderful experience. Even though you have seen thousands of sunsets, you have never seen tonight’s sunset, and this sunset holds its own unique beauty. If you go back, it could or would never compare to the feeling you had the first time you saw it. Each memory, good or bad, would lose its value, its significance if you were to return to the point in time. Although this is a common dream for many, it’s not a dream I share. I like the surprise, the excitement, the magic of each new moment. The old memories are stored in my heart, to be reflected on when I choose, but never to be diminished by being revisited.
Your Day 10 Challenge is:

You’ve just entered the most beautiful place you have ever seen…
 
You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment