Pintrest

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 11 Challenge - April 28, 2013 (Yeah, finally all caught up!)

Hi, it’s Christina –

The sun is shining, the trees are budding, the flowers are blooming and I’m sneezing my head off. It’s a relatively small price to pay to have such a beautiful day. Yesterday’s birthday party was a success, even with the four surprise guests. There was plenty of food and drink, and everyone seemed to have a good time, especially the birthday boy. Today we’ll be taking a little road trip to have a belated birthday celebration for our God daughter, but unfortunately, none of our kids will be joining us because they all had other plans. I don’t care. I’m looking forward to spending some time with my extended family.

So, I have decided to believe you are all taking up these writing challenges at home, but are just too shy to post them online. If I believe this, then I will not get discouraged when I don’t see any comments posted as responses. I know how daunting it is to put something you have written out there for the world to see, therefor I can rationalize the lack of replies, and I will keep posting.

Your Day 10 Challenge was:

You’ve just entered the most beautiful place you have ever seen…

A walk at dawn had seemed like a good idea at the time, I thought as I shivered and pulled my sweater sleeves over my chilled hands. I knew I needed to get away for a little while; I needed some me time to clear my head and center my thoughts. The conference was going well, but the constant demand for my attention was rubbing me raw, but I couldn’t let it show. Since there was barely enough light to see, I walked with my head down, watched each step so as not to misstep and injure myself, for that would be the last thing I needed. As I listened to the rhythmic crunch of the leaves beneath my feet on the path and the occasional rustle of some critter in the trees or underbrush, my mind released. Gone was the endless to do list, gone were the revisited questions and concerns of various conference goers and the answers I had provided. Just as I started to notice the peace come over me, I looked up from my feet and took notice of what surrounded me. The path had led me to a clearing with a happy little creek which bubble through its center. The sun was now high enough rays of light shown through the trees and illuminated the tuffs of fog which hovered slightly above the ground. I smiled as images of friaries and wood sprites came to mind.

Yup, 10 minutes is becoming frustrating. You just start getting into a flow and, EEERRRNNNTTTT, the timer goes off and it’s just like someone threw a bucket of water on you. Poof, the scene is gone and any brilliant thoughts with it.

On to Day 11:

You are a little kid going to the circus for the first time.

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.
 

2 comments:

  1. I will participate! Haha!



    Mom told me she was taking me to 'Barnum and Bailey's Circus' today. It was a cruel and grueling 40-minute drive in which I was yelled at multiple times to stop asking 'Are we there yet?' or 'When are we getting there?' I just wanted to know how much longer we were staying in the car. After an eternity, men with neon yellow vests and orange sticks came into view, directing people into parking lots. We inched along in the traffic until we found a parking lot. I jumped out of the car and stretched my limbs. Mom took my hand as we crossed the street to Sovereign Bank center. Crowds of people gathered in the line to show their tickets and get inside. Other little kids were there too. they were squealing about how excited they were to see everything. Eventually, mom lead me inside and we wandered around until I saw the almighty popcorn stand.

    "Please Mom, can I please get some popcorn?" I begged until she gave in and bought me a box. She led us through some curtains and a large arena was in front of me. Three rings in the middle. We found our seats and I had fun bouncing around in my seat until the lights dimmed.

    "Ladies and gentlemen," A voice boomed around us, "children of all ages. Welcome to the Barnum and Bailey circus!"

    -The End-


    That's as far as I got. I haven't been to the circus in a while so I don't quite remember everything. I'm also 13 years old, so my writing isn't that advanced.

    This is a lot of fun :) -Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bri - YOU DID GREAT! I am very proud of you for accepting the challenge. I am linked to literally hundreds of ADULT writers and not one of them has posted an entry. Glad you had fun with this and I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete