Pintrest

Saturday, November 8, 2014

November 8th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning! It is a gorgeous day. Beautiful bright sunshine, almost no clouds, no wind at all, but baby it’s cold outside. It is going to be another long day at Canterbury Tales. Last week it was the wind that made it brutal, so at least we won’t have to contend with that today.

These are my last two days doing book signings at Canterbury Tales Forever Bookstore in Peddler’s Village, Lahaska, PA until the spring. Unless, by some miracle, we have a mild weekend in December, January, February, or March, I won’t be back there until April or May. It’s just too dang cold to be standing outside all day. Then again, perhaps if I go, it will garner the pity purchase. LOL. Just kidding. I want people to buy my books because they want to read them, not because they feel bad for me.

I wish I could tell you who will be joining me at Canterbury Tales today, but I just don’t know. I can pretty much guarantee Samuel Knight with his Monty a Christmas Tale will be there, because ‘tis the season for his book; and I think Karen Scheuer with a Bug and a Wish may be there as well, but I really don’t know. Wayne is on vacation this weekend, and the girl covering the shop has not posted anything to their Facebook page.

So I ordered more copies of Taking Chances this morning. Sunday I noticed my inventory was getting really low, and darn it, I should have ordered them right when I got home, but I forgot. Now I’m kicking myself. I have that big author event at the Hillsborough Public Library next Saturday, and the books aren’t scheduled to get here until the following Monday. UGH. Historically speaking, the books usually get here way ahead of when they say they’ll get here, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Watch, this time, they will get here exactly when they say they will. It would be just my luck.

Well, we are still on Verizon. We went to the Sprint store first, and the guy pulled up our address and told us he wouldn’t feel comfortable selling us the service because reception at our house was only in the “fair” category. So then, we trekked up to the mall (yuck) and hit the T-Mobile store. They were all for switching us over, even though we showed up in the same “fair” zone with them. Hmmm…

We didn't even get the phones we
wanted because the 5C is being
phased out. We got the 5S instead
My mom wanted to go into Verizon – thankfully, they were also at the mall – just to see if it would be better for her just to get a plan on her own. With the amount she uses her cell phone, $30+ a month for her – which would have been her portion of the bill –was silly. They offered her a pre-paid $100 for the year deal, which makes much more sense, and we will be switching her over to that on Monday. They guy at the store crunched a bunch of numbers, and rearranged some things, and long story short, we are still on Verizon for the next two years, we have iPhones (Lys will be getting hers next week), and I saved about $25 a month from what I had before.

It’s not great, but it is the same price every other carrier was giving us. So basically, all those ads you are seeing on TV, are a load of hooey. No one is giving you unlimited anything with mega data to share for the low price. The price you see advertised is for just the data service. Then there is a phone charge, and a service charge, and in my case a $10 per line insurance charge, plus taxes, regulatory fees, and God only knows what else. Which all adds up to $70 per phone, per month. Whatever, it is what it is. They’ve got you by the nose, and they know it.

Enough, I am going to put it out of my mind because it is useless to get aggravated when I can’t change it. It’s time for me to go get ready for my book signing anyway, so I’ve got to boogie.

I hope you have a great day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge:

Tick…Tock, Tick…Tock…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment