Pintrest

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November 4th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning! Happy Election Day! Don’t forget to get out there and vote. You know what the best part about today is? All those political TV ads cease! I don’t know about you, but those things drive me loopy. They should ban all negative ad campaigns and ONLY allow candidates to speak of their own accomplishments and their goals for the future. Wouldn’t that make a whole lot more sense?

I was naughty yesterday. After I dropped Dani and Bri off at a football game in the next town over, I did a much needed run to the grocery store. Let me tell you, by the time I left the store, I had a roaring headache. They are in the process of revamping our store, which means they are flipping everything around. I couldn’t find a dang thing, and I was so frustrated and disoriented, I gave up on several items on my list.

Back to the naughty part. One of my all-time favorite cakes is the Entenmann’s Filled Chocolate Chip Crumb Cake. A few years ago, for explainable, and as far as I’m concerned no good reason, they stopped making the cake. They now have a substitute cake which is basically a chocolate chip cake with the filling from the crumb cake used as icing. It’s good, but it’s not the same, and it’s really small.

So small, in fact, that I’ve eaten most of the cake already. I told you I was naughty. Now, if they still had the filled chocolate chip crumb, it would have taken me six days to eat the cake – a piece each day. Not that that’s any better, because heaven knows I don’t need all the calories, but once every few months wasn’t that big a deal.

I have one heck of a track record for unpopular things being my favorites. It has happened with food – I was traumatized as a kid when they changed the formula for Whatchamacallit candy bars, clothing – I haven’t found jeans that fit as good as this one pair I used to get at Wal*Mart, and especially television shows. I can’t even list the amount of shows I loved that were cancelled. I guess I am always going to be that square peg.

Yikes, I just noticed the time. I have to go make Paulie lunch. (School’s closed today, so I only have to deal with lunch meat once today – yeah! Cold cuts gross me out.)

I hope you have a fabulous day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge:

Use the following in a story – Liger, New York, Christmas

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment