Pintrest

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 11th, 2015 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

WWIII still going on in my stomach today, so this blog will be short, and will be dedicated to my friend Ron Shaw.

http://amzn.to/17fKxnS
Over the past several months Ron and I have built a strong, bizarre, hysterical relationship which I wouldn’t change for the world. I am a firm believer that God puts people in your path, at particular times in your life, for a reason.

Ron is an ex Atlanta police captain turned author after a near death experience he had a little over a year ago. He chronicles this experience in his first book Seven Fish Tree.

http://amzn.to/1AXlZMC
Since the release of his first book, Ron has exploded on the writing scene. Seven Fish Tree was quickly followed by The Yellow Bus Boys. He brings you back to 1964, when he and thirty-three other 6th grade inner-city boys went on a ten day trip. You’ll laugh out loud. You’ll cry. Buckle up, ‘cause you’ll be in for a wild ride. Oh wait, school buses didn’t have seatbelts in 1964.

http://amzn.to/1zLcGh5
On the heels of The Yellow Bus Boys came Transmutation – The life of a twisted cop. Unlike his previous two novels, this one is gritty and raw. No smoke and mirrors, he laid it all out for you to see.

http://amzn.to/1E0qqUK
His latest release, Cramped Quarters (I came up with the title, thank you very much), is back to his original – for lack of a better word – style. Cramped Quarters is the story of Mary, the ghost Ron and his wife Donna inherited when they purchased an old trunk at a yard sale. It is formatted like a snippet from a journal – entries of Mary’s antics and Ron’s reactions to what it is like living with a ghost.

http://bit.ly/1EXZHfa
When Ron’s not writing, he’s a Twitter fiend, and probably one of the most active Indie Author supporters I have ever met. He hosts a Monday night talk show on ArtistsFirst Radio Network. Actually, I have been interviewed twice. If you’re interested in listening to the two of us cut up, her are the links – Show1Show2.

Ron and I have LITERALLY spent hours on the phone – the man can talk – two months in a row I exceeded my allotted talk minutes on my wireless plan. It’s all good though. We have helped each other with our writing, computer issues, marketing issues. He has introduced me to several people I now consider my friends, and I have hooked him up with several talented authors to interview on his radio show. Ron and I are also two of the ten authors in the Spirited Tales anthology, published by AAPublishing, I told you about, which is going to be published soon. Yes, God definitely put Ron in my path, and I’m thankful.

I hope you have a fabulous day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

It was like I stepped into a 70s sitcom…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment