Pintrest

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April 1st 2015 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning! Today marks the 50th April Fool’s Day I have been on this planet. It’s amazing how much this world has changed in half a century! I don’t miss having to be tethered to a wall in order to talk on the phone, nor do I miss having to get up to change the channels on my TV (having the pictures in color has also been a bonus), but there are things I do miss.

There’s a lot to be said about the way we grew up – playing outside all day, riding our bikes with the wind blowing through out hair, drinking out of the garden hose if we got thirsty, things kids nowadays have no knowledge of. I guess we’ve just got to take the good with the bad, right?

Last night my husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with dinner at UncleVinnie’s Clam Bar, on Somerset Street, in Raritan, New Jersey. If you are ever in central New Jersey, I HIGHLY recommend a stop there – and this is coming from a total seafood snob. While I was growing up, my father owned seafood shops and restaurants, so I know what fresh seafood is, and I know when it has been prepared correctly. Let’s face it, bad seafood could put you in a world of hurt.

You won’t have to worry about that at Uncle Vinnie’s. The stuff is practically flopping on the plate. I have a favorite dish at Vinnie’s, and even though it’s not always on the menu, they still make it for me. I get pan seared sea scallops in a pink brandy cream sauce, which is absolutely TO DIE FOR, and as luck would have it, they also had asparagus. Now asparagus has never been my first choice of vegetables, heck, if I was honest, it’s not my 10th choice, but Vinnie’s is delicious. It’s fresh, pencil thin, and still has a crunch to it, and it is the perfect pairing for the scallops.

The owners and staff over there are such dolls, each and every one of them. Paulie and I were there for over two hours last night – ten minutes of which went for waiting for a table, because even on a Tuesday night, the place was PACKED – because we were chatting with the staff. They were all blown away we chose to celebrate such a milestone with them. In my mind, there was no place I would have rather celebrated – yeah, the food is THAT good.

Today also marks the beginning of thirty days of insanity. It’s camp NaNo time again, and that means I’ve got a month to get 50K words down on paper… er… laptop. (Another huge change brought about in the past half century.) My goal is to finish up the started projects I have going, but some characters are invading my subconscious, so I may very well end up spending some time with them as well. The trick this time around is going to be keeping up with my Twitter account as well as my blog, and still carve out time for actual writing. I guess I can sleep in May…

On that note, I should probably get going. Oh wait, I can’t go yet. I forgot to tell you that A Star forAnnie is now LIVE! Go check it out, and check out all the other books by Lizabeth Scott.

Okay, now I’m really leaving. I hope you have a marvelous day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

How things have changed…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment