Pintrest

Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13th 2015 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning! It’s been eons, I know, sorry! With our anniversary, my birthday, our celebrations, and then a house full for Easter, all in under a week’s time, I needed a few days to recover. My brain and my body were fried.

I am hopelessly behind on Camp NaNoWriMo. I checked this morning, and at the rate I’m going, I’ll hit 50K on January 16, 2016. LOL! I need to figure out how to get my butt in gear.

Kobo is still giving me fits. There tech team won’t even respond to my issues now. Corporate Blues STILL isn’t up on their site, even after I went back, deleted what I had, and started from scratch. I have given up on them. A Second Chance & Taking Chances are up there, and I’m just going to forget about them. If they sell, great, if not, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. Kobo is only one of many sites. I know one thing for sure, I won’t be generating any traffic their way until they fix their issues.

I will have a good chunk of time to write today after I return from a funeral. One of my friends, Sally, she was only 58, wasn’t feeling well right before Christmas. She thought she’d been fighting a cold, which then had turned into pneumonia. When she continued to get worse instead of better, even with medication, they ran some tests. Turned out she had stage 4 lung cancer.

She kept this information pretty much to herself. She didn’t want anyone to know or treat her differently. She wanted to be remembered as she was. That’s why, when I got the news on Saturday, it was such a shock, then I had the unfortunate displeasure of making several phone calls to relay the news. God, I hate doing that! The thing is, after I say one or two words, the person on the other end of the line invariably asks me, “What’s wrong?” Apparently, I’m not the best at concealing my emotions. I guess I’d never make it as an actress, huh?

My brain can so completely understand her decision, but my heart wishes I had one last time to tell her how much she meant, how much she was loved, and how much she’ll be missed. I was having a really hard time with that yesterday, but when I saw her at the viewing, that all went away. As strange as that sounds, I have to smile and think – typical Sally, always trying to make those around her feel better.

I was sad, heartbroken even, as I approached the casket. Then I looked down at what used to be my friend, and I felt nothing. It wasn’t her, just a shell. Then images of her flashed rapidly through my memory – her laughing, being silly, making a funny face at me in church while I was trying to sing in the choir, giving me a hug – and that’s when I knew she was still right there, with us all.

I may not be able to pick up the phone and call her anymore, but I can think about her and fondly remember the memories we made, and that will have to do until I get to see her again.

Okay, I have to go get ready. I will try to be more diligent with the blog posts. Chat with you soon.

I hope you have a fantastic day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is use the following:

If only I had more time…

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment