Pintrest

Thursday, January 8, 2015

January 8th 2015 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

1) Chunk of ice in the corner of the window, 2) Ice all along the
bottom of the window, 3) Ice ferns in between the double panes
of glass in our front picture window. (Just watched a Weather
Channel show where they talked about these.) 
Good Morning! Can you make out what this is a picture of? How about the second one? The third one really was a surprise because of the double insulated glass. All three were taken from my living room. It’s a whole rip-roaring 5° out there this morning. Someone remind me why I still live in the northeast? I’m just glad we aren’t moving Lys in today. This morning it was -10° at Champlain. On Sunday morning, when we are moving her in, it’s going to be a balmy 20°. Better than -10°, right?

It wasn't quite this bad, she
only bent the curtain rod.
Speaking of Lys, my lovely daughter got confused yesterday. She thought she was 90 instead of 19 and slipped and fell in the shower; whacked her ribs and her knee. The ribs were fine after a bit, but the knee, not so much. I posted a photo of her at the hospital yesterday, but she freaked, stole my phone and deleted the picture. Complete overreaction if you ask me, but whatever… You don’t know how tempted I am to post the picture here, but I’ll be good.

Yup, pretty much what
I was picturing.
All I could think about is my daughter, back at school, in Vermont, in the winter, with snow and ice on the ground, in a dorm that’s a few blocks from campus, having to navigate on crutches. No bueno. Just in case, I brought crutches with us to the hospital. I had a medal set in the garage, but they were too tall for her; so much to her chagrin, I grabbed an old wooden set. Conveniently, they were too short for her, so she hobbled her way out of the hospital. It took great restraint not to brain her with the crutches.

Pretty ain't it. Someone should have
trained the nurse how to apply it. He
didn't have a clue. I rewrapped it for
Lys when we got home.
The good news is, nothing is broken. The bad news is, x-rays only show bone. She’s in an immobilizer, and is supposed to rest for the next few days. If it is not feeling better, she’s supposed to go and see an orthopedic and have an MRI. Hopefully, it won’t come to that.

So, here we are, two days before we have to move her into her dorm, and nothing is packed, she is having difficulty negotiating stairs, and will be in no shape to actually move anything. This is going to be a LONG few days.

While Dani and I were bringing Lys back to school, Paulie was supposed to be home working on repairing tiles, which have come loose for some reason, in our kitchen. (He figured it would be the perfect time, no one in the house, walking on the floor he was trying to fix.) I told him, in no uncertain terms, that if Lys was incapacitated, he was coming with us, and the floor would have to wait. There is no way Dani and I would be able to move all the stuff on our own. As it is, the mini-fridge is going to be a struggle. I asked Lys to enlist some of her more muscular college guy friends to lend a hand, but she is reluctant to bother them. I think she wants to tread lightly for a little while. Her friends weren’t real happy when she left, and I think she feels like she needs to make amends for it. Personally, I think they’ll just be happy to have her back.

Oh well, I should boogie. I want to get some stuff done around here before I have to go to work. Guess what I’m doing at work today - wrapping Christmas presents. My favorite thing in the world…NOT. RV’s granddaughter is coming over this weekend, and her presents haven’t been wrapped yet. There wasn’t enough time for me to get them done before Christmas, and since they weren’t seeing her until January, there was no huge rush.

I hope you have a great day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

Where is that sound coming from?

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment