Pintrest

Friday, January 30, 2015

January 30th, 2015 Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Good Morning! WARNING, I’m about to drop a four letter word. I don’t do this often, especially not this four letter word, but it is unavoidable at this time. I’m sorry if I offend any of you, but here goes…

After Sunday, I need to start a D.I.E.T. There, I said it…ugh!!! You see, I just found out that my oldest friend in the world – meaning we were thrown in the same crib together, not that she’s old; she’s actually seven months younger than me – is getting married. So, if I don’t want to look like a beached whale in, most likely, the very last bridesmaid’s dress I’ll ever have to wear, drastic measures need to be taken.

Fair warning, I get cranky when I’m hungry, and I have a sweet tooth the size of Mount Rainier. This isn’t going to be pretty, but I’ve done it before.

One of my best friends, Rebecca, got married almost nine years ago, and I dropped 30 lbs before her wedding. In July, we went dress shopping, and I ordered and paid for a dress 2 sizes smaller than I was at that time. Bec got married Labor Day weekend. I did need to take a little bit of a breath, but her sister was able to zip me up without any trouble, and the dress looked great.

Although I haven’t been told a date yet, I’m fairly certain I have more than six weeks to lose the weight this time. I’ve been complaining forever that I need to lose 50 lbs, and even though I knew it would be better for my back and hips, I wasn’t really that motivated. Now, I have the motivation. If I’m going to pay over $100 for a dress, the dang this is going to look good… well, as good as a bridesmaid’s dress ever looks. Lol.

I’m going to be smart about it this time. There’s going to be nothing on my “forbidden” list, because that will just make me want it more, and lead to eminent failure. Also, I’m going to start small – two cookies instead of three, replace one of my iced teas a day with water, add one more veggie to a meal (we do a meat, a side, and one veggie for dinner now), add some whole grains, add more fruit. See, not too terrible, right? Doable, no? Now it’s just a matter of implementing… Wish me luck.

Oops, I almost forgot, and I usually start my blog with things like this. I want to wish two of my dearest friends, Sharon & Kelly, a very happy birthday. I love you ladies, and I hope you have a fabulous day!

Well, I’m hosting Superbowl this year. Not that I give a fig for either team, but I enjoy throwing parties. It is going to be unusual this year because I’m fairly certain the entire household will be rooting for the same team. Not that any one of us is a Seahawks fan, but we all have an aversion to cheaters, so none of us will be too torn up if Seattle trounces.

So what is your opinion on this whole NE Patriots cheating? Am I the only one out there who thinks, because they cheated, they should have been automatically disqualified and the Colts should have won by default (not that we have any Colts fans in the house either)? ANY other sport, if you are caught cheating, you’re out and your opponent (or whomever comes in second) is deemed the winner. Why is it not so in football?

Don’t they have rules in place for situations like this? This can’t be the first time something like this has happened… oh wait, it’s not, is it? Haven’t the Patriots been accused of cheating before? I also vaguely remember some scuttlebutt involving The Oakland Raiders, the St. Louis Cardinals and the Huston Oilers eons ago, but I can’t recall precisely what happened in any of those cases.


What, did they run some type of demographic which said the viewership of a New England vs. Seattle game would bring in more revenue than an Indianapolis vs. Seattle game? Pathetic if that is the case, and then the only way we could show the NFL we are not happy is to hit them in their pocketbooks, but I have no clue as to how to go about doing such a thing. It’s not like anyone is going to boycott the Superbowl. If general opinion matches mine, we’ll all be watching just to see the Patriots lose.

Okay, enough ranting, I’ve got stuff to do before I have to start my running around. I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!

Your Next Challenge is:

Use the following – a flat tire, a moose & a radio

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment