Pintrest

Saturday, January 10, 2015

January 10th, 2015

Hi, it’s Christina –

Let the insanity begin! Good Morning! I only have a few minutes, so this will be short and there won’t be a writing challenge either.

Lord I’m tired. With Lys out of commission because of her knee, I was the one hauling junk up from the basement yesterday so she could pack for school. At roughly seven last night, when all the bins, bags, and unpackable stuff (mattress cover, lamp, mirror, decorations, TV, fridge, etc.) were piled up in the family room, I realized there was no way all Lys’ stuff plus four of us were going to fit in the car.

My sister-in-law, bless her heart, said Dani could stay with her for the weekend. So I asked my hubby to remove one of the back seats so we could fit everything – now that Dani wasn’t going, we didn’t need her seat taking up room. He removes the bulky, heavy, seat, turns, takes three steps, trips over a cinderblock - which is frozen to the ground - at the edge of our driveway, and goes flying. What a helpless feeling, seeing someone you love falling, and knowing you can’t do a damn thing to stop their fall. He landed like a ton of bricks, whacked his knee on the ground and his face on a cooler we have outside, but thankfully, other than a couple of bruises, he seems to be alright. I guess we’ll know for sure when he wakes up. Hopefully, this was not a sign of how our weekend is going to play out. UGH!


Okay, as I said, I only have a few minutes. I have to go hop in the shower real quick, roust everyone, get the last few things in the car (Paulie didn’t want the TV in the cold overnight), then hit the road. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment