Pintrest

Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3rd Challenge

Hi it’s Christina –

Good Morning! I’m a little late with my blog this morning, sorry. My friend Keith decided to join CampNaNo, and I was trying to figure out how to get him into my cabin; but you know what a techno whiz I am, so you can probably guess how successful I was. I posted a giant “HELP!!” in three different places on the site, so hopefully someone out there will be able to walk me through it.

After that, I decided I needed to reread FTQ to get myself back into the flow of the story, because I was really struggling. I hadn’t touched it since the last camp ended. I had several “oh, I forgot about that” moments, and now I feel more confident I can go one with the story.

I actually have the day off from work, which means I will have roughly an extra hour to work on FTQ. When Dani wakes up, we have a bunch of running around to do, but I plan on writing – very quietly – until she wakes up. I know the longer she sleeps, the more harried my afternoon will be, but I really need to put a boatload of words on paper today, because I won’t have much time tomorrow.

On that note, I’m off to Ireland. I hope you have a sensational day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

If I had a nickel for every time I…

If I had a nickel for every time I did something stupid, I’d be a billionaire; that’s “billion” with a “b”. I am a world class klutz, my mouth has been known to function quicker than my brain, and I have made my fair share of just plain, old fashioned, bad decisions.

On the fire day of kindergarten, there were two kids, Michael and Debbie, who were traumatized by being left at school by their parents. Both had retreated to corners and refused to join the class. My teacher, Miss Payne, sent me to go talk to Michael and sent Ronnie, an adorable boy with curly brown hair, to go talk to Debbie. We managed to get Michael and Debbie to join us, and Ronnie and I were dubbed the class peacemakers. By default, that also made us “boyfriend and girlfriend”.

Some weeks later, while standing in line to be dismissed, Jimmy and Ari, two other boys in class got into a bit of a row over whose fault something was. Me, still trying to play peacemaker, said “it was his fault” and pointed blindly over my shoulder. It turned out, I was pointing directly at Ronnie, and things went downhill from there. You would think that learning a hard lesson when I was five would have at least given me pause in the future to think before I spoke. Let’s just say, I’m not a quick study.

In fourth grade, I let my competitive nature overrule my common sense.

Out of time. I could probably write a doctoral thesis on this topic, but other stories of my stupidity will have to wait for another time.

Your Next Challenge is:

Use the following three in a story: Rummaging, Hat, Telescope

You have ten minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count, and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment