Pintrest

Friday, April 4, 2014

April 4th Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina –

Greeting on a rainy day, but hey, at least it’s Friday right?

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, but after only fifteen minutes or so on the internet, my computer rebooted itself. After that, I couldn’t get back. First it was saying it couldn’t connect to the proxy server, which I have confirmed we do not have, then my husband got it switched back to LAN, but it still wouldn’t connect, and he had to leave for work. So there I was, stuck all day with no internet access. (Well, not really all day, because I worked from 11:30 – 4:30, so I didn’t need it then.) Hubby got it fixed last night, but I was too tired to deal with the computer by then.

Since I was unable to post my blog yesterday, I have included it at the bottom of this short post. I will not be posting a new writing challenge, since you haven’t had time to respond to yesterday’s challenge yet.

So lickety split, here are my updates: Dani’s still sick but getting better, love working for RV, have to get to the store at some point today to pick up supplies for the Progressive Dinner (I’ll tell you more about it tomorrow), have to straighten up the house because we are having company two days in a row.
Okay, this post is way too long, since it’s two days’ worth, so I should wrap it up. I hope you have a glorious day, and happy writing.


Hi, it’s Christina -

Happy Thursday! Is it just me, or is this week flying by?

Today marks day four of Dani being home from school. It appears she has contracted that norovirus which is plaguing the schools right now. A huge percentage of kids are out sick. So many, in fact, it warranted an instant alert message. The notice was very specific in telling us our children needed to be symptom free, for two days, before they would be allowed back into the school. This does however put me in a bit of a quandary. Usually, a week’s absence from school would require a doctor’s note, but honestly, I don’t feel, with this ailment, the doctor can do anything. It simply needs to run its course. Hopefully the powers that be realize this, and won’t hold the lack of a doctor’s note against her.

I feel so bad for Dani. She’s feeling absolutely miserable. I also feel guilty, because she needs comforting hugs from me, which I readily give; but when I’m done, I immediately go and wash my hands. The last thing I need right now is to get sick, and I certainly do not need to bring any bug over to RV! She has enough to contend with without being sick on top of it.

Okay, I’m not exactly sure when this will actually get posted because I’m having connectivity issues this morning. I keep getting an error message saying my proxy server is down. To the best of my knowledge, I don’t have a “proxy server”. I’m going to have my husband take a look when he wakes up.
In the interim, I will use the time wisely, and work on Faerie Tale Queen. I hope y’all have a great day, and happy writing!

Your Last Challenge was:

You’re stuck in an elevator…

Oh S#$T! Lights! Aren’t there supposed to be emergency lights? Emergency lights always come on when this happens on TV. Maybe it takes a few seconds. Oh God. Take a breath. Please start, please start, please start. S#$T!  S#$T!  S#$T! Damn TV, guess those are camera lights, not emergency generator lights.

People are starting to talk. Okay, who’s on the elevator with me. Crap, I was too busy checking my phone to notice. Close your eyes and think. What are you closing your eyes for? It’s pitch black in here. Knock it off and focus. Okay, okay, okay, I remember seeing Mabel. Mothers Always Bring Extra Love. OMG, will you focus? OK, Mabel, Mr. Harris’ secretary, but she’s tiny. Who else? Two starched suits from twelve, don’t know their names, but I’ve seen them around. They could be useful. There were two more. Think, think, think. Jim from Marketing. He’s pretty buff. Oh no! That creepy guy from the Print Pool is in here too. He was in the back corner. Let’s hope he stays there.

Alarm! Every elevator has an alarm. Where is it? Where is it? Need to stop my hands from shaking. Just don’t hit the wrong button genius. S#$T! that was loud. Loud is good, right? Should I hit it again?

OMG, it’s getting hard to breathe. What if we run out of oxygen before they can rescue us? Don’t be an ass, that won’t happen. Just breathe, slow measured breaths. Panic won’t solve anything. There, that’s better, in and out, nice and slow.

Could you tell, getting trapped in an elevator is one of my phobias?

Your Next Challenge is (random quote, chosen from a random page, from a random book on my shelf – closed my eyes, reached in, grabbed one, opened to a page, pointed, and opened my eyes – then found the closest dialogue):

Write your own story around the following – “Get out of your wet things and into those. Don’t worry, you’ll be decently covered.” (KayHooper, Enemy Mine)


You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment