Pintrest

Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24th

Hi, it’s Christina –

I did things in reverse order today because I knew I would run out of steam pretty quickly. So, instead of writing first, I did some work around the house. Since my husband was down to the dredges of his wardrobe, I did some laundry. I emptied all the wastebaskets and took out the garbage. I unloaded and reloaded the dishwashers, and I straightened up a little. There’s still A LOT to do, but I am just about out of energy, and I’m worried if I push it, I’ll get sick again.

It’s amazing how much the house can go to pot when Mom is out of the picture for a few days. Whatever, I’ll take the next three days to put things back to rights – just in time for me to leave for Vermont. Hopefully my little loves won’t trash the house too bad in thirty five hours.

This weekend is going to be busy, busy, busy. Saturday Lys will me making Max’s cake and I’ll be making food for the party. I also have to do the Costco run for the cheese cake Lys wants as her birthday cake and the makings for Caesar salad which everyone enjoys. I think the only other things I need to do is sausage and peppers and iced tea, but I’m going to have to check the list my sister-in-law emailed me to be sure. You think I’m bad with my lists? You should meet Cindy! LOL I don’t fault her though, she manages to keep three kids with VERY active schedules, various volunteer work and a part time job all running like clockwork. I’m pretty sure I could not handle the crazy pace she keeps without losing my mind.

Okay, it’s time to flip the laundry, take some more medicine, and then I’m going to take a nap because I still have a grocery run to do and dinner to make. I can’t believe how much a stupid cold has wiped me out. You’d think I was recovering from major surgery. UGH! What a wimp I’m turning into in my old age!


I hope y’all have a marvelous Monday, and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment