Pintrest

Sunday, December 1, 2013

December 1st Challenge

Hi, it’s Christina – 

AHHHH IT’S DECEMBER!! YIKES!!

I had to do some quick repair comments this morning when I opened up my computer. I can’t swear to it, but I have a sneaking suspicion, it was either my girlfriend Fran or her boyfriend Carl who hijacked my computer last night and posted on my Facebook page. They wrote one that just said, “I Love My Dog.” over and over, but the second one said, “Who the heck invited all these people to my house? OMG the food and drinks they went through!! Oy I need a nap!LOL. Needless to say, I had to set the record straight and say, "I DID NOT POST THIS!!!!"
 

So the final count for potato pancakes made yesterday was 112, which means you get 11 pancakes per pound of potatoes. Good to know. I sent a few home with my son, my in-laws, with Carl (because his son didn’t make it last night and potato pancakes are one thing that the incredibly picky eater eats), and with Brianna, Karolyn’s daughter (because, although she was there, she came right from a basketball game, and she can’t eat after she’s been playing – food after exercise don’t agree with her). That left me twelve pancakes, which I put in the freezer for some future dinner for the three of us.

Out of the thirty individual pot pies I made – which I posted step by step photos of the recipe yesterday – there were five left, which Lys is bringing with her back up to school today. Lys is also taking the remaining red velvet mini cupcakes Karolyn made.

We had a wonderful time last night, until everything went to hell in a hand basket at the end of the night, but I won't get into it; but I will say there is no room in my life for nasty, mean, vindictive people, and we’ll leave it at that.

We had two surprise guests. A friend from NY, Brielle, who just happened to be visiting my friends Becky and Lenny came. Another friend, Bernadette, from Cape May, happened to be visiting her parents who live up our way, and she popped in as well. It was a very nice, and totally unexpected surprise on both counts!! 

The tree is up, and mostly decorated, thanks to my seven year old “nephew” Noah. He must have hung 2:1 what everyone else did combined. I saw he found one of his ornaments and hung it on the tree, but I didn’t see the one with his name on it on the tree. I looked for it after they left last night but couldn’t find it, so I’m wondering if it was one of the ornaments which did not survive the flood. We lost a bunch, and losing ornaments is like losing photos, because we don’t do run of the mill, colored glass balls on our tree, we do memory ornaments (Baby’s 1st, vacations, milestones).

Oh well, it’s getting late, so I better go get in the shower so I’m not late for church. We’ll be leaving right after church to head back to Vermont. The weather report says snow showers up there all day today, so say a little prayer for us to arrive safely please.

There probably won’t be a blog tomorrow, and if there is, there definitely won’t be a challenge, so you have a couple of days to come up with your response to today’s challenge.

I hope you have a wonderful day, and happy writing!


Your Last Challenge was:


You hear your mom’s (or your dad’s) words come out of your mouth for the first time.
 

Admit it, you know it has happened to you, and it probably made you cringe the first time it did. You’re there, more than likely reprimanding your children for some misdemeanor, and out of your mouth comes…your mother’s voice. You freeze, close your eyes and scrunch up your face. Did I really just say that? I SWORE I would never say that! Good Lord, I’m turning into my mother.

The realization shocks you. Shakes you. Rocks you. You think, how can this be happening? But there it is, still hanging in the air, the dreaded words you swore you would never use with your children.

“Because I said so!”

You hated those words. They weren’t an explanation. They were irrational, a cop out, a bullying tactic. They made no sense and you were never going to utter them. But you just did, perfectly parroted, tone and cadence dead on; and you clench your back teeth as if someone just scratched their fingernails down the blackboard.

At this point your children are looking at you as if you have lost your mind, because they have no clue the inner turmoil you are attempting to wade through.

 

Ten minutes are up, but somehow, I think each of you can relate to what I wrote. If it hasn’t happened to you quite yet, don’t worry it will, and when it does, it will rock your world. LOL.

 

Your Next Challenge is:

 



 

You have 10 minutes (be honest). There is no right or wrong, just write. Spelling and punctuation don’t count and NO ONE is allowed to criticize what someone else has written. Go.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment