Pintrest

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October 28th 2015

Hi, it’s Christina –

Kindle
Paperback
Good Afternoon! I had planned on making this blog post yesterday, but Kieren & Logan wouldn’t let me, and since you’ve waited for Faerie Tale Queen for so long, I thought it best to oblige them.

Mary Ann Cavallaro
I have two things to tell you about today. Tonight, on Facebook, we are doing a launch party for AnnieAcorn’s 2015 Spirited Tales. If you haven’t heard, I am one of 8 authors in this new book of spooky short stories, and tonight, Susan Ricci, Juliette Hill & I will be hosting an online party to launch its release. There will be chatting with the authors, games, and give-aways, so if you’re around tonight between 7 – 9 Eastern Daylight Time, then pop on in and have some fun.
K. Edwin Fritz

The other thing I wanted to tell you about was, last Saturday, I attended the Princeton Public Library’sAuthors’ Day. The morning started off with two workshops, and since I firmly believe if I don’t have something nice to say, I should shut up, I will only tell you about the first workshop. It was hosted by author and motivational speaker Ed Tseng, and he was FABULOUS!
Ed Tseng

Although I am generally a positive person – overly so if you ask some folks – there were several points Ed hit on which resonated with me, and I’d like to share with you.

James Hockenberry
How many of you have ever had a bad dream? When you wake up from the dream, is all right with your world again? Do you realize it was only a dream and not an actual threat to your wellbeing? 

Chances are you said “yes” to all of these questions (precognition aside). Well, thoughts should be handled just like dreams. The little voice which says “you’re not good enough” or “you can’t” is just a dream, it’s not real. So squash it and forge on. You ARE good enough, and you CAN!
Frank Haggerty

The next tidbit which stuck with me is “It’s the start that stops most people”. How many times have you said, “Someday, I’ll_____” (you fill in the blank). Why does it have to be “someday”? Why can’t someday be today? If I had a nickel for every person who told me that someday they’d like to write a book, I’d have a whole lot of shiny nickels. Infallibly I tell them, “Then just do it.” and ask, “What’s stopping you?” and infallibly they present me with a list of excuses.
Chris Illuminati

Just this weekend, one “author” was complaining he wanted to write another book, but he just doesn’t have the time. I suggested he wake up fifteen minutes earlier to write, but he had a list of excuses why he couldn’t. I’m sorry, but anyone could find a measly fifteen minutes in a day. My guess is he really didn’t want to write or he would find the time, and although I’m probably wrong, it made me question the quality of what he’s already written. Perhaps I am just bias and tend to be repelled by negative people.
Debbie Lorynski
Sarada Chiruvolli

Pretty much on that same note, Ed had one piece of advice – “Even if you don’t want to do something, commit to it for fifteen minutes, then you can stop.” Provided we are not talking about holding your breath, fifteen minutes isn’t going to kill you, and you’d be amazed at how much you can actually accomplish in fifteen minutes.
Cheryl Filipak

Can I let you in on a little secret? I’m not the most diligent when it comes to housework. My nose gets a bit bent out of shape when everyone else in the house expects me to clean up their messes, so I’ve been known to go on strike – a lot. Just because I don’t physically leave the house, does not mean I’m not working, and therefore should be the maid, chef and chauffeur.
Nicole Avena
(and her adorable daughter Stella)

Well, for the past few days, I have been taking Ed’s advice, and committing fifteen minutes. Every hour or so, when I need to get up and move around or my back will protest, I tackle one task for fifteen minutes. Guess what? The house is almost clean, and I’m not grumbling under my breath while I’m doing it. I also have a real sense of accomplishment. It’s amazing what fifteen minutes can do for your soul.
Stephen Jankiewicz
Mary Fan

Okay, I have rambled on enough for one day. I hope you enjoy the photos from the Princeton Public Library Author’s Day, and I hope you check out some of the authors I have featured in this post.


Until next time – I hope you have a WONDERFUL day & Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment